3 December 1918
Ceremonious opening of the Partition Sejm’s session in Poznań
The session started with a solemn mass at the Fara church, concelebrated by Primate Cardinal Edmund Dalbor. Then, members of the Gymnastic Society “Sokół”, the Supreme People's Council, members of parliament and delegates formed into a march, and, singing “Bogurodzicaˮ, “Boże coś Polskęˮ, and “Jeszcze Polska nie zginęłaˮ, went into the “Apollo” hall. Streets were decorated with flags, garlands and busts of Polish national heroes were displayed in windows. 1399 delegates arrived to participate in Parliament’s session. The largest group, composed of 526 people, was from Greater Poland.