§ 1 Definitions
1. “Administrator” refers to the Institute of National Remembrance - Commission for the Prosecution of Offences against the Polish Nation with its registered office in Warsaw, ul. Wołoska 7, 02-675, Warsaw, which provides services electronically and also stores information on the User’s devices and gains access to it.
2. “Cookies” refers to IT data, in particular, small text files saved and stored on devices, by means of which the User uses the Portal’s website.
3. “Administrator’s Cookies” refers to the Cookies placed by the Administrator, related to the electronic provision of services by the Administrator through the Portal’s website.
4. “External cookies” refers to Cookies placed by the partners of the Administrator through the Portal's Website.
5. “Portal” refers to the website on which the Administrator launched the web portal operating under the following domain: www.mapypamieci.ipn.gov.pl
6. “Device” refers to any electronic device by means of which the User gains access to the Portal's website.
7. “User” refers to any entity to which, under the Terms and Conditions and provisions of law, services can be rendered electronically and with which an Agreement on provision of services by electronic means may be concluded.
§ 2 User data
By no means shall any data related to a Web Portal user be made available, transferred or sold to any companies or third parties. Any data may only be provided upon the request of legally empowered state authorities in connection with ongoing proceedings.
In certain areas of the Portal, it is possible for users to provide personal data. In each case the data are provided voluntarily and used only in accordance with their stated purpose.
The data collected during any correspondence with the Institute of National Remembrance, using the “contact form” will only be used for the purpose of verification and the addition of another historical point on the maps published in the Portal.
§ 3 Types of Cookies used
1. The Cookies used by the Administrators shall be safe for the User’s Device. In particular, it shall not be possible for any viruses or unwanted software or malware to enter the User’s Devices. The files allow for the identification of the software used by the User and for the customisation of the Portal to each User. Cookies usually contain the name of the domain from which they originate, the time of their storage on the Device and the assigned value.
2. The Controller shall use two types of cookies:
a) Session cookies: these are stored on the User's Device and remain there until the session of a given browser comes to an end. Then, the saved information is deleted from the memory of the Device on a permanent basis. The mechanism of session cookies does not allow for the collection of any personal data or any confidential information from the User's Device.
a) Persistent cookies: these are stored on the User's Device and remain there until they are deleted. The end of a session of a given browser or the switching off of the Device does not result in their deletion from the User's Device. The mechanism of persistent cookies does not allow for the collection of any personal data or any confidential information from the User's Device.
3. The user can limit or exclude the access of cookies to their Device. If this option is taken into account, the use of the Portal will be possible except for those features which require cookies by their nature.
§ 4 Data collection
In accordance with the accepted practice of the majority of web portals, we store HTTP inquiries sent to our server. The resources viewed are identified through URL addresses. An accurate list of the information stored in the log files of the web server is as follows:
the public IP address of a computer from which the inquiry arrived (this may be the user’s computer directly)
the name of the client's station - identification through HTTP protocol, if possible,
the name of the user provided during the authorisation process,
the time of arrival of the inquiry,
the first line of the HTTP request,
the HTTP response status code,
the number of bytes transmitted by the server,
the URL address of the webpage previously visited by the user (referrer link) - when the webpage of the History Stop was accessed via the link,
information about the user’s browser,
information about errors which occurred during the conclusion of the HTTP transaction.
The data are not associated with specific persons who view the webpages of the Memory Map. In order to ensure the highest possible quality of the Portal, we occasionally analyse log files in order to determine: which webpages are visited most frequently, which website browsers are used or whether the site structure contains errors, etc.
§ 5 The purposes for which Cookies are used
1. The administrator shall use its own Cookies to configure the portal correctly, and in particular:
a) to adapt the content of the Portal’s webpages to User preferences and optimise the use of the Portal’s website.
b) to recognise the device of the Portal’s User and its location, and display the appropriately customised website;
c) to remember the settings selected by the User and personalise the User interface, e.g. with regards to the selected language or region from which the User comes,
d) to remember the history of webpages visited on the Portal in order to recommend other content, the font size and the appearance of the website, etc.
2. The Administrator shall use its own Cookies to authenticate the user on the Portal and to guarantee the user’s session on the Portal, and in particular to:
a) maintain the session of the User of the Portal (after logging into the Portal), because of this the User does not have to re-enter the login and password on each webpage of the Portal;
b) to configure the selected features of the Portal correctly, enabling, in particular, verification of the authenticity of the browser session.
c) to optimise and increase the efficiency of the services provided by the Administrator.
3. The Administrator shall use its own Cookies to implement processes necessary for the full functionality of the website, in particular:
a) to adapt the content of the Portal’s webpages to User preferences and optimise the use of the Portal’s webpages. In particular, these files allow for the recognition of the basic parameters of the User's Device and for the appropriate displaying of the customised website;
b) to support the partner programme, enabling the verification of sources from which Users are redirected to the Portal’s webpages.
4. The Administrator shall use its own Cookies to remember the location of the user, and particularly, to configure the selected features of the Portal correctly, enabling the customisation of supplied information taking into account the User’s location.
5. The Administrator shall use its own Cookies to analyse, measure and audit the viewing figures, especially to create anonymous statistics which will help to understand how Users use the Portal’s website, which then allows for improvements in the structure and content.
6. The service administrator shall use the external Cookies to aid logging into the portal using social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter.
7. The service administrator shall use the external Cookies to popularise the portal using social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
§ 6 Possibilities of determination of the conditions for storage of or access by Cookies
1. The User may on their own and at any time change the settings for Cookies, determining the conditions of their storage as well as the conditions for gaining access to the User’s Device by the Cookies. The changes in the settings referred to in the preceding sentence can be made by the User by means of web browser settings or by means of service configuration. In particular, these settings may be changed in such a way as to block the automatic handling of Cookies in the web browser settings or to provide information about each case of their placement on the User's device. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways to handle cookies is available in the software (web browser) settings.
2. The User may, at any time, delete the Cookies using the available features in the web browser which they use.
Information clause regarding personal data protection
Your personal data contained in the submitted registration form and in other forms will be processed in order to create a new user profile including all its functionalities, to introduce new points on the map by the users who are logged in and those who are not, and to contact the website administrator.
The legal basis for the data processing is your consent (art. 6(1)(A) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC).
The provision of personal data by you is voluntary, however such information is necessary to create your profile and process your requests. You are entitled at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
The Institute of National Remembrance - Commission for the Prosecution of Offences against the Polish Nation with its registered office in Warsaw, ul. Wołoska 7, 02-675, Warsaw is your Personal Data Controller. The Personal Data Controller shall guarantee the appropriate technological, physical, administrative and procedural measures of data protection in order to protect and ensure the confidentiality, accuracy and accessibility of the processed personal data and also to ensure protection against unauthorised use or unauthorised access to the personal data and to ensure protection against the breach of personal data security.
Contact details of the data protection inspector at the Institute of National Remembrance - Commission for the Prosecution of Offences against the Polish Nation: firstname.lastname@example.org, correspondence address: ul. Wołoska 7, 02-675, Warsaw: Data Protection Inspector, phone: 22 581 85 11.
Entities authorised under the provisions of law as well as entities authorised by the Controller may be the recipients of personal data.
Your personal data will be stored until the liquidation of the user account, and also – if there is no such account - during the period necessary for the processing of requests or until the moment of withdrawal of your consent to personal data processing.
You have the right to access your personal data and the right to rectify, erase and restrict their processing as well as the right to object to the processing of your data and to their transfer.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection when you consider the personal data processing to be contrary to the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC).