Commander of the Polish Military Organisation of the Prussian Partition and captain in the Polish Army. Born on 23 November 1884 in Kobylinka (the then Krotoszyn poviat), to the family of Wincenty - a merchant, and Maria née Rodowicz. He attended the 6th-form school in Żerkowa and the Frederick William Gymnasium1 in Poznań. He received his secondary education certificate in Germany (1904). Upon completion of 6 semesters at an Agricultural Academy, he obtained the licence of a land improvement and underground construction engineer. In the years 1906-1907 he served in the army for a year then worked in Poznań (1908-1913) and set up his own company in Poznań and Wieluń. He was actively involved in many Polish organisations, among others, he organised the ‘nests’ of the Polish Gymnastic Society “Sokół” (Falcon) in Bochum and Szczecin. On 2 August 1914 he was conscripted into the German army and sent to the Western Front in France. He fought, among others, in the battle of Verdun, and was wounded twice. In May 1918 he was transferred to Poznań, in September he joined the Polish Military Organisation of the Prussian Partition and on 14 November, he took command of it after W. Wierzejewski, fulfilling the function with the help of a consulting body - the Council of Eleven. The organisation was subordinated to the general management and control of Second Lieutenant M. Paluch, responsible for matters related to the Polish Military Organisation of the Prussian Partition at the Commissariat of the Supreme People’s Council. He contributed to the organisation of the so called intelligence-executive division and sent members of the organisation to form the troops of the Guard and Security Service. He took over the Group of K. Haber for the Polish Military Organisation of the Prussian Partition, controlling factories and warehouses. From 27 December 1918 till 5/6 January 1919 he took part in the seizing of the barracks, railway station and airbase in Ławica. By decree No. 1 of the Commissariat of the Supreme People's Council (dated 7 February 1919) he was appointed second lieutenant, from 21 January, by Day Order No. 38 from Central Command (dated 11 February 1919) he became the adjutant to W. Korfanty - the commissar of the Supreme People’s Council - at the request of whom, he went to the Upper Silesia region in April 1919 as an instructor of the Polish Military Organisation for the Upper Silesia Region. He actively participated in the first Silesian Uprising. Formally, he was assigned to the Bytom Rifle Regiment but by Day Order No. 207 (dated 7 August 1919) he was conscripted to the 8th Greater Poland Rifle Regiment where he took command of the 8th company. On 10 June 1920 he was sent to the 59th Infantry Regiment as the deputy commander of the second battalion. When he was wounded on 23 July, he was taken to the hospital in Poznań. He then returned to the 62nd Infantry Regiment (commander of the 8th Greater Poland Rifle Regiment). On 31 March 1922 he was dismissed to the reserve and took over the post-German property in Udzież (Świecie poviat). Later on, he was appointed to the post of land classifier in the Pomeranian Tax Chamber. He was active in veteran organisations and wrote a testimonial book related to his activities in the Polish Military Organisation of the Prussian Partition. Andrzejewski died after the year 1939. He received: the Order of Virtuti Militari of the 5th class, the Cross of Independence, the Cross of Valour (twice) and various other medals and badges. He was married to Zofia Jasińska.
B. Polak Andrzejewski Mieczysław (1884- ?) (in:) Powstańcy wielkopolscy. Biogramy uczestników powstania wielkopolskiego 1918-1919, v. XIII, ed. B. Polak, Poznań 2010, pp. 24-25.
Author of the entry